Photo: Research at the Sociolinguistics Lab at UTEP
- Spanish phonetics and phonology
- Spanish sociolinguistics
- Bilingualism & language/dialect contact
- Quantitative and laboratory approaches to the study of sound variation and change
- Language Attitudes & Language Ideologies
- Morpho-syntactic variation in Spanish.
Current Research Projects
- The production and perception of sounds by Spanish/English bilinguals.
- Sound variation and change in Chihuahua Spanish
- The Linguistic Landscape of the US-Mexico Border